Webster TX is a town in Harris County, Texas. It is considered part of the Greater Houston area. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 14,773.
The area that would later become Webster was originally home to the Karankawa people, who wintered along the nearby Galveston Bay. An 1827 map names the area "Chauqis", an American corruption of "Shawsheen", one of several Indian families living in the area. The first Anglo-American settlers arrived around 1828 and named their settlement Cross Timber or Flag Prairie because it sat at a junction between two major trails, Old Galveston Road and The Woodlands–Conroe road (later Texas State Highway 75). The site experienced growth after the 1830s when Congress passed legislation to provide for construction of transportation routes. A post office opened at the site in 1837,
The settlement was renamed "Webster" in 1838 because, as county clerk William Pierpont noted, "There is no such great distance between this town and the ocean that it should have another name". The community was incorporated on February 3, 1918. By 1850 Webster had approximately 100 residents. An early resident recalled that until 1865 the population consisted of 160 people who owned 20 or 30 slaves. A mix of German immigrants soon arrived with some having been invited by William H. Parker to relocate from their earlier settlements in Fayette County. During this time, Judge J.H. Moneyhon built a small two story warehouse Clear Creek which would bring further
Big Texas Comfort of Webster
2503 Plymouth Rock Ct. Webster TX, 78598
Points Of Interest: